Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 2:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 02:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.65 meters/second, 1514.3 km/hour, 941.0 miles/hour or 817.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.9"||940.66 mi||West||0° 02' 08.9"||2.46 mi||South||940.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 12.5"||758.73 mi||East||1° 17' 53.3"||89.29 mi||South||767.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Holguín||Wed 9:52 PM||66 km||41 miles||36 nm||NE|
|Santiago de Cuba||Wed 9:52 PM||100 km||62 miles||54 nm||ESE|
|Camagüey||Wed 9:52 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||NW|
|Montego Bay||Wed 9:52 PM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||SSW|
|Kingston||Wed 9:52 PM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||S|
|May Pen||Wed 9:52 PM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||SSW|
|Santa Clara||Wed 9:52 PM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||WNW|
|Gonaïves||Wed 9:52 PM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||ESE|
|Cap-Haïtien||Wed 9:52 PM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||E|
|Port-au-Prince||Wed 9:52 PM||501 km||311 miles||270 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.