Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 3:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 03:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.67 meters/second, 1514.4 km/hour, 941.0 miles/hour or 817.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.1"||940.69 mi||West||0° 02' 09.8"||2.48 mi||South||940.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 10.8"||758.73 mi||East||1° 18' 16.0"||89.73 mi||South||767.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Camagüey||Wed 10:02 PM||161 km||100 miles||87 nm||NE|
|Santa Clara||Wed 10:02 PM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||NNW|
|Montego Bay||Wed 10:02 PM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||SSE|
|George Town (Cayman)||Wed 10:02 PM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||WSW|
|Holguín||Wed 10:02 PM||300 km||186 miles||162 nm||E|
|May Pen||Wed 10:02 PM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||SE|
|Santiago de Cuba||Wed 10:02 PM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||E|
|Kingston||Wed 10:02 PM||363 km||225 miles||196 nm||SE|
|Havana||Wed 10:02 PM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||NW|
|Pinar del Río||Wed 10:02 PM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.