Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 4:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 04:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.85 meters/second, 1515.1 km/hour, 941.4 miles/hour or 818.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.3"||941.11 mi||West||0° 02' 20.4"||2.68 mi||South||941.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 52.7"||758.73 mi||East||1° 22' 25.5"||94.49 mi||South||767.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Punta Mita||Wed 10:52 PM||49 km||30 miles||26 nm||NNE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Wed 10:52 PM||55 km||34 miles||30 nm||ENE|
|Tepic||Wed 9:52 PM||151 km||94 miles||82 nm||NNE|
|Ixtlán del Río||Wed 9:52 PM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||ENE|
|Manzanillo||Wed 10:52 PM||205 km||127 miles||111 nm||SE|
|Colima||Wed 10:52 PM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||ESE|
|Guadalajara||Wed 10:52 PM||247 km||154 miles||133 nm||E|
|Mazatlan||Wed 9:52 PM||325 km||202 miles||175 nm||NNW|
|Aguascalientes||Wed 10:52 PM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||ENE|
|Durango||Wed 10:52 PM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.