Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 5:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 05:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.96 meters/second, 1515.4 km/hour, 941.7 miles/hour or 818.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.4"||941.35 mi||West||0° 02' 26.2"||2.79 mi||South||941.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 42.0"||758.73 mi||East||1° 24' 41.2"||97.09 mi||South||768.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hermosillo||Wed 10:52 PM||1347 km||837 miles||727 nm||NE|
|Tijuana||Wed 9:52 PM||1388 km||863 miles||750 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Wed 9:52 PM||1406 km||874 miles||759 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Wed 9:52 PM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Wed 10:52 PM||1461 km||908 miles||789 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles||Wed 9:52 PM||1533 km||953 miles||828 nm||N|
|Phoenix||Wed 10:52 PM||1662 km||1033 miles||897 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Wed 11:52 PM||1758 km||1093 miles||949 nm||E|
|Las Vegas||Wed 9:52 PM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Wed 11:52 PM||1868 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.