Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 7:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 07:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.19 meters/second, 1516.3 km/hour, 942.2 miles/hour or 818.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.9"||941.86 mi||West||0° 02' 37.8"||3.01 mi||South||942.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 18.9"||758.72 mi||East||1° 29' 11.4"||102.25 mi||South||769.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Wed 9:52 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 9:52 PM||906 km||563 miles||489 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 9:52 PM||2215 km||1377 miles||1196 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 8:52 PM||2983 km||1854 miles||1611 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco||Wed 11:52 PM||3236 km||2011 miles||1747 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Wed 11:52 PM||3412 km||2120 miles||1842 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Wed 7:52 PM||3705 km||2302 miles||2000 nm||WSW|
|Las Vegas||Wed 11:52 PM||3753 km||2332 miles||2026 nm||NE|
|Seattle||Wed 11:52 PM||3884 km||2413 miles||2097 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Thu 12:52 AM||3946 km||2452 miles||2131 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.