Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 8:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 08:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.26 meters/second, 1516.6 km/hour, 942.3 miles/hour or 818.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.0"||942.04 mi||West||0° 02' 41.5"||3.09 mi||South||942.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 10.7"||758.71 mi||East||1° 30' 41.4"||103.97 mi||South||769.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Waipahu||Wed 10:32 PM||160 km||99 miles||86 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Wed 10:32 PM||164 km||102 miles||88 nm||NE|
|Lihue||Wed 10:32 PM||201 km||125 miles||108 nm||NNW|
|Napili-Honokowai||Wed 10:32 PM||247 km||154 miles||134 nm||ENE|
|Wailuku||Wed 10:32 PM||262 km||163 miles||141 nm||ENE|
|Hilo||Wed 10:32 PM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Thu 10:32 PM||2037 km||1266 miles||1100 nm||S|
|Midway||Wed 9:32 PM||2071 km||1287 miles||1118 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Wed 8:32 PM||2927 km||1819 miles||1581 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Thu 8:32 PM||3518 km||2186 miles||1899 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.