Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 8:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 08:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.31 meters/second, 1516.7 km/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 819.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.0"||942.13 mi||West||0° 02' 43.5"||3.12 mi||South||942.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 06.4"||758.71 mi||East||1° 31' 26.2"||104.82 mi||South||769.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 10:52 PM||625 km||389 miles||338 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Wed 9:52 PM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 10:52 PM||2144 km||1332 miles||1158 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Wed 8:52 PM||2612 km||1623 miles||1410 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 8:52 PM||3050 km||1895 miles||1647 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 8:52 PM||3101 km||1927 miles||1674 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Thu 8:52 PM||3274 km||2034 miles||1768 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 9:52 PM||3370 km||2094 miles||1820 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 8:52 PM||3685 km||2290 miles||1990 nm||SSW|
|Adak||Wed 10:52 PM||3689 km||2292 miles||1992 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.