Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 9:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 09:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.37 meters/second, 1516.9 km/hour, 942.6 miles/hour or 819.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.1"||942.27 mi||West||0° 02' 46.3"||3.18 mi||South||942.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 00.0"||758.70 mi||East||1° 32' 33.5"||106.11 mi||South||769.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Wed 10:22 PM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||NW|
|Honolulu||Wed 11:22 PM||1374 km||854 miles||742 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:22 PM||2289 km||1423 miles||1236 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 9:22 PM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||W|
|Majuro||Thu 9:22 PM||2390 km||1485 miles||1290 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:22 PM||2512 km||1561 miles||1357 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Thu 9:22 PM||2709 km||1683 miles||1463 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:22 PM||3267 km||2030 miles||1764 nm||S|
|Yaren||Thu 9:22 PM||3324 km||2065 miles||1795 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 9:22 PM||3351 km||2082 miles||1809 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.