Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 9:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 09:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.41 meters/second, 1517.1 km/hour, 942.7 miles/hour or 819.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.2"||942.36 mi||West||0° 02' 48.2"||3.22 mi||South||942.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 55.8"||758.70 mi||East||1° 33' 18.2"||106.96 mi||South||769.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Wed 10:42 PM||905 km||563 miles||489 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Thu 9:42 PM||1838 km||1142 miles||992 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 11:42 PM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||E|
|Majuro||Thu 9:42 PM||1998 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:42 PM||2210 km||1373 miles||1193 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 9:42 PM||2403 km||1493 miles||1298 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:42 PM||2854 km||1773 miles||1541 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Thu 9:42 PM||2963 km||1841 miles||1600 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Thu 8:42 PM||3165 km||1967 miles||1709 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 9:42 PM||3219 km||2000 miles||1738 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.