Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 10:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 10:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.49 meters/second, 1517.4 km/hour, 942.9 miles/hour or 819.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.5"||942.55 mi||West||0° 02' 52.0"||3.29 mi||South||942.70 mi|
|24 hours||348° 19' 13.0"||758.69 mi||West||1° 34' 47.6"||108.67 mi||South||770.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 10:22 PM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||W|
|Midway||Wed 11:22 PM||1218 km||757 miles||658 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Thu 10:22 PM||1481 km||920 miles||800 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 10:22 PM||2076 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||S|
|Palikir||Thu 9:22 PM||2289 km||1423 miles||1236 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 10:22 PM||2415 km||1501 miles||1304 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Thu 10:22 PM||2431 km||1511 miles||1313 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 12:22 AM||2880 km||1790 miles||1555 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Thu 10:22 PM||3211 km||1995 miles||1734 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 8:22 PM||3249 km||2019 miles||1754 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.