Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 10:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.56 meters/second, 1517.6 km/hour, 943.0 miles/hour or 819.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.05 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||942.70 mi||West||0° 02' 55.0"||3.34 mi||South||942.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 40.2"||758.68 mi||East||1° 35' 54.5"||109.95 mi||South||770.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 10:52 PM||110 km||68 miles||59 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Thu 10:52 PM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Thu 9:52 PM||1757 km||1092 miles||949 nm||SW|
|Midway||Wed 11:52 PM||1801 km||1119 miles||973 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Thu 10:52 PM||2161 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Thu 10:52 PM||2285 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 8:52 PM||2503 km||1556 miles||1352 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 10:52 PM||2829 km||1758 miles||1527 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Thu 7:52 PM||3197 km||1986 miles||1726 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Thu 9:52 PM||3363 km||2090 miles||1816 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.