Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.58 meters/second, 1517.7 km/hour, 943.0 miles/hour or 819.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.6"||942.75 mi||West||0° 02' 56.0"||3.36 mi||South||942.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 37.8"||758.68 mi||East||1° 36' 16.9"||110.38 mi||South||770.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 11:02 PM||212 km||132 miles||115 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Thu 11:02 PM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Thu 10:02 PM||1625 km||1010 miles||878 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 12:02 AM||2018 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Thu 11:02 PM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 9:02 PM||2258 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Thu 11:02 PM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Wed 11:02 PM||3001 km||1864 miles||1620 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Thu 8:02 PM||3002 km||1865 miles||1621 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Thu 10:02 PM||3309 km||2056 miles||1787 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.