Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 11:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 11:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.60 meters/second, 1517.8 km/hour, 943.1 miles/hour or 819.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||942.79 mi||West||0° 02' 56.9"||3.38 mi||South||942.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 35.6"||758.68 mi||East||1° 36' 39.1"||110.80 mi||South||770.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 11:12 PM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||E|
|Palikir||Thu 10:12 PM||1527 km||949 miles||825 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 11:12 PM||1735 km||1078 miles||937 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 9:12 PM||2016 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Thu 12:12 AM||2240 km||1392 miles||1210 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Thu 11:12 PM||2335 km||1451 miles||1261 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Thu 11:12 PM||2366 km||1470 miles||1278 nm||SSE|
|Tokyo||Thu 8:12 PM||2813 km||1748 miles||1519 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 11:12 PM||3185 km||1979 miles||1720 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Thu 10:12 PM||3276 km||2036 miles||1769 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.