Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 12:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 12:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.71 meters/second, 1518.2 km/hour, 943.3 miles/hour or 819.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.9"||943.04 mi||West||0° 03' 01.6"||3.47 mi||South||943.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 23.9"||758.66 mi||East||1° 38' 30.4"||112.93 mi||South||770.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 10:02 PM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 10:02 PM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Thu 11:02 PM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Fri 12:02 AM||1716 km||1066 miles||926 nm||E|
|Yokohama||Thu 9:02 PM||2005 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Thu 9:02 PM||2021 km||1256 miles||1091 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Thu 9:02 PM||2130 km||1324 miles||1150 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Thu 9:02 PM||2179 km||1354 miles||1176 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Thu 9:02 PM||2188 km||1360 miles||1181 nm||SW|
|Kyoto||Thu 9:02 PM||2189 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.