Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 12:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 12:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.83 meters/second, 1518.6 kilometres/hour, 943.6 miles/hour or 820.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.3"||943.30 mi||West||0° 03' 06.3"||3.56 mi||South||943.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 11.8"||758.65 mi||East||1° 40' 21.4"||115.05 mi||South||771.18 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 10:52 PM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 10:52 PM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Thu 9:52 PM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||SSW|
|Kumamoto||Thu 9:52 PM||1602 km||995 miles||865 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Thu 9:52 PM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||N|
|Osaka||Thu 9:52 PM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||N|
|Kobe||Thu 9:52 PM||1654 km||1028 miles||893 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Thu 9:52 PM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Thu 9:52 PM||1681 km||1044 miles||908 nm||N|
|Nagoya||Thu 9:52 PM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.