Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 1:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 13:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.97 meters/second, 1519.1 km/hour, 943.9 miles/hour or 820.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.6"||943.62 mi||West||0° 03' 12.0"||3.67 mi||South||943.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 56.8"||758.62 mi||East||1° 42' 34.3"||117.58 mi||South||771.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Thu 9:52 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||NW|
|Baguio City||Thu 9:52 PM||511 km||317 miles||276 nm||SW|
|Taichung||Thu 9:52 PM||562 km||349 miles||304 nm||NNW|
|Tarlac City||Thu 9:52 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||SW|
|Hsinchu||Thu 9:52 PM||606 km||376 miles||327 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Thu 9:52 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||NNW|
|Taoyuan City||Thu 9:52 PM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||NNW|
|Mabalacat||Thu 9:52 PM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||SSW|
|Angeles||Thu 9:52 PM||627 km||390 miles||338 nm||SSW|
|Quezon||Thu 9:52 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.