Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 2:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 14:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.09 meters/second, 1519.5 kilometres/hour, 944.2 miles/hour or 820.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.0"||943.89 mi||West||0° 03' 16.8"||3.76 mi||South||944.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 44.0"||758.61 mi||East||1° 44' 24.6"||119.69 mi||South||771.97 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Haikou||Thu 10:42 PM||133 km||83 miles||72 nm||W|
|Zhanjiang||Thu 10:42 PM||199 km||124 miles||107 nm||NW|
|Macau||Thu 10:42 PM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||NE|
|Hong Kong||Thu 10:42 PM||377 km||234 miles||204 nm||NE|
|Foshan||Thu 10:42 PM||379 km||235 miles||204 nm||NNE|
|Kowloon||Thu 10:42 PM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||NE|
|Shenzhen||Thu 10:42 PM||387 km||240 miles||209 nm||NE|
|Guangzhou||Thu 10:42 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||NNE|
|Nanning||Thu 10:42 PM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||NW|
|Hai Phong||Thu 9:42 PM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.