Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 3:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.21 meters/second, 1520.0 km/hour, 944.5 miles/hour or 820.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.4"||944.17 mi||West||0° 03' 21.5"||3.85 mi||South||944.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 30.7"||758.58 mi||East||1° 46' 14.7"||121.80 mi||South||772.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Chiang Rai||Thu 10:32 PM||34 km||21 miles||18 nm||E|
|Chiang Mai||Thu 10:32 PM||131 km||82 miles||71 nm||SSW|
|Luang Prabang||Thu 10:32 PM||275 km||171 miles||149 nm||E|
|Naypyidaw||Thu 10:02 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||W|
|Vientiane||Thu 10:32 PM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||ESE|
|Mawlamyine||Thu 10:02 PM||423 km||263 miles||229 nm||SSW|
|Mandalay||Thu 10:02 PM||427 km||265 miles||231 nm||NW|
|Udon Thani||Thu 10:32 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||SE|
|Nakhon Sawan||Thu 10:32 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||S|
|Xam Neua||Thu 10:32 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.