Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 4:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 16:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.31 meters/second, 1520.3 km/hour, 944.7 miles/hour or 820.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.7"||944.39 mi||West||0° 03' 25.3"||3.92 mi||South||944.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 19.9"||758.57 mi||East||1° 47' 42.7"||123.47 mi||South||772.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barisal||Thu 10:12 PM||323 km||201 miles||175 nm||N|
|Khulna||Thu 10:12 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||N|
|Kolkata||Thu 9:42 PM||342 km||212 miles||184 nm||NNW|
|Howrah||Thu 9:42 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||NNW|
|Chittagong||Thu 10:12 PM||347 km||215 miles||187 nm||NE|
|Jessore||Thu 10:12 PM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||N|
|Chandpur||Thu 10:12 PM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||NNE|
|Bhubaneshwar||Thu 9:42 PM||421 km||261 miles||227 nm||W|
|Comilla||Thu 10:12 PM||426 km||264 miles||230 nm||NNE|
|Dhaka||Thu 10:12 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.