Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 5:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 17:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.57 meters/second, 1521.3 kilometres/hour, 945.3 miles/hour or 821.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||South||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.4"||944.97 mi||West||0° 03' 34.8"||4.11 mi||South||945.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 52.1"||758.52 mi||East||1° 51' 21.6"||127.65 mi||South||773.38 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Karachi||Thu 10:52 PM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||NNE|
|Hyderabad (PK)||Thu 10:52 PM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||NNE|
|Mumbai||Thu 11:22 PM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||E|
|Surat||Thu 11:22 PM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||ENE|
|Ahmedabad||Thu 11:22 PM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||ENE|
|Vadodara||Thu 11:22 PM||834 km||518 miles||451 nm||ENE|
|Muscat||Thu 9:52 PM||851 km||529 miles||459 nm||WNW|
|Pune||Thu 11:22 PM||875 km||543 miles||472 nm||E|
|Seeb||Thu 9:52 PM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||WNW|
|Godhra||Thu 11:22 PM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.