Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 8:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 20:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.04 meters/second, 1522.9 km/hour, 946.3 miles/hour or 822.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.8"||946.02 mi||West||0° 03' 50.7"||4.41 mi||South||946.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 01.9"||758.43 mi||East||1° 57' 30.8"||134.70 mi||South||774.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fada||Thu 9:42 PM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||SW|
|Kufra||Thu 9:42 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||NNW|
|Faya-Largeau||Thu 9:42 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||WSW|
|Al-Fashir||Thu 11:42 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||S|
|Abéché||Thu 9:42 PM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||SSW|
|Kharga Oasis||Thu 10:42 PM||899 km||558 miles||485 nm||NE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Thu 11:42 PM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||SE|
|Khartoum||Thu 11:42 PM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||ESE|
|Ndjamena||Thu 9:42 PM||1307 km||812 miles||706 nm||SW|
|Al Jizah||Thu 10:42 PM||1340 km||832 miles||723 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.