Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 9:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 21:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.21 meters/second, 1523.6 km/hour, 946.7 miles/hour or 822.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.4"||946.40 mi||West||0° 03' 56.3"||4.52 mi||South||946.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 43.4"||758.39 mi||East||1° 59' 40.1"||137.18 mi||South||775.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Thu 10:42 PM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||WSW|
|Agadez||Thu 10:42 PM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||SW|
|Zinder||Thu 10:42 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||S|
|Maradi||Thu 10:42 PM||733 km||455 miles||396 nm||SSW|
|Kano||Thu 10:42 PM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||S|
|Moussoro||Thu 10:42 PM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||SE|
|Faya-Largeau||Thu 10:42 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||E|
|Ndjamena||Thu 10:42 PM||979 km||608 miles||529 nm||SE|
|Niamey||Thu 10:42 PM||1072 km||666 miles||579 nm||SW|
|Abuja||Thu 10:42 PM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.