Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 10:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.27 meters/second, 1523.8 km/hour, 946.8 miles/hour or 822.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.08 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.5"||946.53 mi||West||0° 03' 58.2"||4.55 mi||South||946.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 37.2"||758.38 mi||East||2° 00' 23.2"||138.00 mi||South||775.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Thu 11:02 PM||247 km||153 miles||133 nm||ESE|
|Agadez||Thu 11:02 PM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||SE|
|Maradi||Thu 11:02 PM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||SSE|
|Niamey||Thu 11:02 PM||736 km||457 miles||398 nm||SSW|
|Zinder||Thu 11:02 PM||747 km||464 miles||403 nm||SSE|
|Kano||Thu 11:02 PM||902 km||561 miles||487 nm||SSE|
|Timbuktu||Thu 10:02 PM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||WSW|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 10:02 PM||1064 km||661 miles||575 nm||SW|
|Abuja||Thu 11:02 PM||1178 km||732 miles||636 nm||SSE|
|Ndjamena||Thu 11:02 PM||1335 km||829 miles||721 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.