Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 10:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 22:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.33 meters/second, 1524.0 km/hour, 947.0 miles/hour or 822.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.8"||946.66 mi||West||0° 04' 00.1"||4.59 mi||South||946.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 30.7"||758.37 mi||East||2° 01' 06.0"||138.82 mi||South||775.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Thu 10:22 PM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||SW|
|Dori||Thu 10:22 PM||601 km||374 miles||325 nm||S|
|Tamanrasset||Thu 11:22 PM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||NE|
|Niamey||Thu 11:22 PM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 10:22 PM||714 km||443 miles||385 nm||SSW|
|Arlit||Thu 11:22 PM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||E|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 10:22 PM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Thu 10:22 PM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||SSW|
|Kandi||Thu 11:22 PM||962 km||598 miles||519 nm||SSE|
|Maradi||Thu 11:22 PM||978 km||607 miles||528 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.