Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 22:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 22:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.39 meters/second, 1524.2 km/hour, 947.1 miles/hour or 823.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.79 mi||west||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||south||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.0"||946.87 mi||west||0° 04' 02.1"||4.63 mi||south||947.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 24.0"||758.41 mi||east||2° 01' 51.4"||139.69 mi||south||775.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Koutiala||Thu 10:42 PM||783 km||486 miles||423 nm||S|
|Bamako||Thu 10:42 PM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Thu 10:42 PM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 10:42 PM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||SSE|
|Sikasso||Thu 10:42 PM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||S|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 10:42 PM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||S|
|Tindouf||Thu 11:42 PM||975 km||606 miles||526 nm||NNW|
|Niamey||Thu 11:42 PM||984 km||611 miles||531 nm||SE|
|Nouakchott||Thu 10:42 PM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||W|
|El Aaiún||Thu 10:42 PM||1214 km||754 miles||655 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.