Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 10:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 22:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.41 meters/second, 1524.3 km/hour, 947.2 miles/hour or 823.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.1"||946.86 mi||West||0° 04' 02.9"||4.64 mi||South||947.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 21.2"||758.35 mi||East||2° 02' 10.4"||140.05 mi||South||775.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Thu 10:52 PM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||W|
|Timbuktu||Thu 10:52 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||SE|
|Bamako||Thu 10:52 PM||758 km||471 miles||410 nm||S|
|Koutiala||Thu 10:52 PM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 10:52 PM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||SE|
|Sikasso||Thu 10:52 PM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||S|
|Tindouf||Thu 11:52 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||N|
|Koudougou||Thu 10:52 PM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||SSE|
|Dori||Thu 10:52 PM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||SE|
|Smara||Thu 10:52 PM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.