Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 11:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 23:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.44 meters/second, 1524.4 km/hour, 947.2 miles/hour or 823.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.1"||946.93 mi||West||0° 04' 03.9"||4.66 mi||South||947.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 18.0"||758.34 mi||East||2° 02' 31.9"||140.46 mi||South||775.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Thu 11:02 PM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||WSW|
|Nouakchott||Thu 11:02 PM||715 km||445 miles||386 nm||W|
|Timbuktu||Thu 11:02 PM||731 km||454 miles||394 nm||ESE|
|Rosso||Thu 11:02 PM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||WSW|
|Bamako||Thu 11:02 PM||762 km||473 miles||411 nm||S|
|Tambacounda||Thu 11:02 PM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||SW|
|Nouadhibou||Thu 11:02 PM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||WNW|
|Dakhla||Thu 11:02 PM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||NW|
|Smara||Thu 11:02 PM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||NNW|
|Touba||Thu 11:02 PM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.