Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 2:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 02:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.15 meters/second, 1527.0 km/hour, 948.8 miles/hour or 824.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.6"||948.52 mi||West||0° 04' 25.1"||5.07 mi||South||948.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 01.2"||758.19 mi||East||2° 10' 40.6"||149.79 mi||South||777.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Road Town||Thu 10:52 PM||87 km||54 miles||47 nm||SSE|
|Charlotte Amalie||Thu 10:52 PM||88 km||55 miles||48 nm||S|
|Cruz Bay||Thu 10:52 PM||91 km||57 miles||49 nm||SSE|
|Spanish Town||Thu 10:52 PM||95 km||59 miles||51 nm||SE|
|San Juan||Thu 10:52 PM||142 km||88 miles||77 nm||WSW|
|Caguas||Thu 10:52 PM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||SW|
|Christiansted||Thu 10:52 PM||157 km||97 miles||85 nm||S|
|Arroyo||Thu 10:52 PM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||SW|
|Ponce||Thu 10:52 PM||214 km||133 miles||115 nm||SW|
|The Valley||Thu 10:52 PM||225 km||140 miles||122 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.