Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 3:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 03:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.35 meters/second, 1527.6 km/hour, 949.2 miles/hour or 824.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||South||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.3"||948.96 mi||West||0° 04' 30.6"||5.17 mi||South||949.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 40.3"||758.14 mi||East||2° 12' 46.8"||152.20 mi||South||778.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Montego Bay||Thu 10:52 PM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||ESE|
|George Town (Cayman)||Thu 10:52 PM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||W|
|May Pen||Thu 10:52 PM||266 km||165 miles||144 nm||ESE|
|Camagüey||Thu 10:52 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||NNE|
|Kingston||Thu 10:52 PM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||ESE|
|Santa Clara||Thu 10:52 PM||373 km||232 miles||202 nm||N|
|Holguín||Thu 10:52 PM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||ENE|
|Santiago de Cuba||Thu 10:52 PM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||ENE|
|Havana||Thu 10:52 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||NNW|
|Pinar del Río||Thu 10:52 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.