Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 8:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 08:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.36 meters/second, 1531.3 km/hour, 951.5 miles/hour or 826.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||South||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.9"||951.24 mi||West||0° 04' 57.9"||5.69 mi||South||951.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 51.0"||757.92 mi||East||2° 23' 09.1"||164.08 mi||South||780.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Thu 10:52 PM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||WNW|
|Wailuku||Thu 10:52 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 10:52 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 10:52 PM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 9:52 PM||2787 km||1731 miles||1505 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 8:52 PM||3362 km||2089 miles||1815 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Fri 12:52 AM||3572 km||2219 miles||1929 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 9:52 PM||3746 km||2328 miles||2023 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles||Fri 12:52 AM||3755 km||2333 miles||2028 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Thu 10:52 PM||4014 km||2494 miles||2168 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.