Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 9:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 09:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.54 meters/second, 1531.9 km/hour, 951.9 miles/hour or 827.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.6"||951.64 mi||West||0° 05' 02.4"||5.78 mi||South||951.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 32.1"||757.88 mi||East||2° 24' 51.4"||166.03 mi||South||780.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 11:42 PM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Thu 10:42 PM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:42 PM||1996 km||1240 miles||1078 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Thu 9:42 PM||2442 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Fri 9:42 PM||2940 km||1827 miles||1587 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 9:42 PM||3073 km||1909 miles||1659 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 9:42 PM||3136 km||1949 miles||1693 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 10:42 PM||3189 km||1981 miles||1722 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 9:42 PM||3513 km||2183 miles||1897 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 11:42 PM||3684 km||2289 miles||1989 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.