Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.58 meters/second, 1532.1 km/hour, 952.0 miles/hour or 827.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.7"||951.72 mi||West||0° 05' 03.3"||5.79 mi||South||951.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 28.2"||757.87 mi||East||2° 25' 11.9"||166.42 mi||South||780.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 11:52 PM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Thu 10:52 PM||1533 km||952 miles||827 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:52 PM||2107 km||1309 miles||1138 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Thu 9:52 PM||2305 km||1432 miles||1245 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 9:52 PM||2705 km||1681 miles||1461 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 9:52 PM||2819 km||1751 miles||1522 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 9:52 PM||2929 km||1820 miles||1582 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 10:52 PM||3133 km||1947 miles||1692 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 9:52 PM||3381 km||2101 miles||1826 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 9:52 PM||3589 km||2230 miles||1938 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.