Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.65 meters/second, 1532.3 km/hour, 952.1 miles/hour or 827.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.1"||951.88 mi||West||0° 05' 05.0"||5.83 mi||South||952.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 20.6"||757.86 mi||East||2° 25' 52.6"||167.20 mi||South||781.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 11:12 PM||1230 km||764 miles||664 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Fri 12:12 AM||1451 km||902 miles||783 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:12 PM||2106 km||1309 miles||1137 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 10:12 PM||2255 km||1401 miles||1218 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 10:12 PM||2311 km||1436 miles||1248 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:12 AM||2403 km||1493 miles||1297 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Fri 10:12 PM||2548 km||1583 miles||1376 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:12 PM||3089 km||1919 miles||1668 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:12 PM||3168 km||1969 miles||1711 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 10:12 PM||3176 km||1973 miles||1715 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.