Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.68 meters/second, 1532.5 km/hour, 952.2 miles/hour or 827.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.2"||951.96 mi||West||0° 05' 05.9"||5.84 mi||South||952.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 16.9"||757.85 mi||East||2° 26' 12.9"||167.59 mi||South||781.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 11:22 PM||1130 km||702 miles||610 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Fri 12:22 AM||1699 km||1056 miles||918 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Fri 10:22 PM||2043 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:22 PM||2051 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Fri 10:22 PM||2057 km||1278 miles||1111 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 10:22 PM||2379 km||1478 miles||1284 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:22 AM||2578 km||1602 miles||1392 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 10:22 PM||2982 km||1853 miles||1610 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:22 PM||3090 km||1920 miles||1669 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:22 PM||3101 km||1927 miles||1674 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.