Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.75 meters/second, 1532.7 km/hour, 952.4 miles/hour or 827.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.4"||952.12 mi||West||0° 05' 07.7"||5.88 mi||South||952.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 09.1"||757.83 mi||East||2° 26' 53.6"||168.36 mi||South||781.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 11:42 PM||1081 km||672 miles||584 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Fri 10:42 PM||1549 km||962 miles||836 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 10:42 PM||1662 km||1032 miles||897 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:42 PM||2041 km||1268 miles||1102 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 10:42 PM||2099 km||1304 miles||1134 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 12:42 AM||2199 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Fri 10:42 PM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Fri 9:42 PM||2819 km||1752 miles||1522 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:42 AM||2969 km||1845 miles||1603 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:42 PM||3000 km||1864 miles||1620 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.