Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.79 meters/second, 1532.8 km/hour, 952.5 miles/hour or 827.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||west||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||south||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.6"||952.20 mi||west||0° 05' 08.6"||5.90 mi||south||952.45 mi|
|24 hours||348° 26' 54.6"||757.83 mi||west||2° 27' 13.9"||168.75 mi||south||781.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 11:52 PM||1140 km||708 miles||615 nm||NNE|
|Wake Island||Fri 10:52 PM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 10:52 PM||1509 km||938 miles||815 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Fri 10:52 PM||1998 km||1241 miles||1079 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:52 PM||2087 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Fri 12:52 AM||2450 km||1522 miles||1323 nm||E|
|Yaren||Fri 10:52 PM||2481 km||1542 miles||1340 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Fri 9:52 PM||2588 km||1608 miles||1397 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:52 PM||2989 km||1857 miles||1614 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:52 AM||3180 km||1976 miles||1717 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.