Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.79 meters/second, 1532.8 km/hour, 952.5 miles/hour or 827.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.6"||952.20 mi||West||0° 05' 08.6"||5.90 mi||South||952.45 mi|
|24 hours||348° 26' 54.6"||757.83 mi||West||2° 27' 13.9"||168.75 mi||South||781.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 11:52 PM||1140 km||708 miles||615 nm||NNE|
|Wake Island||Fri 10:52 PM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 10:52 PM||1504 km||934 miles||812 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 10:52 PM||1998 km||1241 miles||1079 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:52 PM||2087 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Fri 12:52 AM||2450 km||1522 miles||1323 nm||E|
|Yaren||Fri 10:52 PM||2482 km||1542 miles||1340 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Fri 9:52 PM||2588 km||1608 miles||1397 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:52 PM||2989 km||1858 miles||1614 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:52 AM||3180 km||1976 miles||1717 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.