Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 11:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 11:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.90 meters/second, 1533.2 km/hour, 952.7 miles/hour or 827.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.9"||952.44 mi||West||0° 05' 11.3"||5.95 mi||South||952.70 mi|
|24 hours||348° 27' 06.3"||757.80 mi||West||2° 28' 14.6"||169.91 mi||South||781.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 11:22 PM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 11:22 PM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 12:22 AM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:22 PM||1892 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||S|
|Palikir||Fri 10:22 PM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Fri 11:22 PM||2165 km||1346 miles||1169 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:22 PM||2402 km||1492 miles||1297 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 9:22 PM||2929 km||1820 miles||1582 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 11:22 PM||3098 km||1925 miles||1673 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Fri 1:22 AM||3204 km||1991 miles||1730 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.