Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 11:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 11:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.01 meters/second, 1533.6 km/hour, 953.0 miles/hour or 828.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.4"||952.69 mi||West||0° 05' 14.0"||6.00 mi||South||952.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 42.0"||757.78 mi||East||2° 29' 15.4"||171.07 mi||South||781.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 11:52 PM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Fri 10:52 PM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 11:52 PM||1465 km||910 miles||791 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:52 PM||2103 km||1307 miles||1135 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 11:52 PM||2116 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 12:52 AM||2153 km||1338 miles||1163 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 9:52 PM||2171 km||1349 miles||1172 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:52 PM||2905 km||1805 miles||1569 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Fri 8:52 PM||3093 km||1922 miles||1670 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Fri 10:52 PM||3119 km||1938 miles||1684 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.