Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 2:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 14:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.68 meters/second, 1536.1 km/hour, 954.5 miles/hour or 829.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||South||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.0"||954.20 mi||West||0° 05' 29.9"||6.30 mi||South||954.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 30.8"||757.64 mi||East||2° 35' 15.7"||177.95 mi||South||783.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baguio City||Fri 10:52 PM||194 km||121 miles||105 nm||S|
|Tarlac City||Fri 10:52 PM||297 km||184 miles||160 nm||S|
|Mabalacat||Fri 10:52 PM||327 km||203 miles||177 nm||S|
|Angeles||Fri 10:52 PM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||S|
|Olongapo||Fri 10:52 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||S|
|Quezon||Fri 10:52 PM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||S|
|Manila||Fri 10:52 PM||395 km||245 miles||213 nm||S|
|Kaohsiung||Fri 10:52 PM||543 km||338 miles||293 nm||N|
|Taichung||Fri 10:52 PM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||N|
|Shantou||Fri 10:52 PM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.