Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 4:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 16:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.95 meters/second, 1537.0 km/hour, 955.1 miles/hour or 829.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.0"||954.80 mi||West||0° 05' 36.0"||6.42 mi||South||955.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 02.8"||757.59 mi||East||2° 37' 34.2"||180.59 mi||South||784.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wanon Niwat||Fri 11:02 PM||49 km||30 miles||26 nm||SSW|
|Sakon Nakhon||Fri 11:02 PM||101 km||63 miles||55 nm||SSE|
|Udon Thani||Fri 11:02 PM||138 km||86 miles||75 nm||WSW|
|Vientiane||Fri 11:02 PM||138 km||86 miles||75 nm||W|
|Savannakhet||Fri 11:02 PM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||SSE|
|Khon Kaen||Fri 11:02 PM||212 km||132 miles||115 nm||SSW|
|Xam Neua||Fri 11:02 PM||262 km||163 miles||142 nm||N|
|Luang Prabang||Fri 11:02 PM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||NW|
|Pakse||Fri 11:02 PM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||SSE|
|Hanoi||Fri 11:02 PM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.