Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 4:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 16:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.09 meters/second, 1537.5 km/hour, 955.4 miles/hour or 830.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.6"||955.11 mi||West||0° 05' 39.1"||6.48 mi||South||955.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 48.1"||757.56 mi||East||2° 38' 45.2"||181.94 mi||South||784.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yangon||Fri 11:08 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||SE|
|Naypyidaw||Fri 11:08 PM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||NNE|
|Mawlamyine||Fri 11:08 PM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||ESE|
|Chiang Mai||Fri 11:38 PM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||ENE|
|Mandalay||Fri 11:08 PM||451 km||280 miles||244 nm||NNE|
|Dawei||Fri 11:08 PM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||SE|
|Nakhon Sawan||Fri 11:38 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||ESE|
|Chittagong||Fri 10:38 PM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||NW|
|Bangkok||Fri 11:38 PM||738 km||458 miles||398 nm||SE|
|Luang Prabang||Fri 11:38 PM||760 km||472 miles||410 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.