Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 4:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 16:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.14 meters/second, 1537.7 km/hour, 955.5 miles/hour or 830.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.7"||955.23 mi||West||0° 05' 40.4"||6.50 mi||South||955.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 42.5"||757.55 mi||East||2° 39' 12.6"||182.47 mi||South||784.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yangon||Fri 11:22 PM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||ESE|
|Chittagong||Fri 10:52 PM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||N|
|Naypyidaw||Fri 11:22 PM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||ENE|
|Barisal||Fri 10:52 PM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||NNW|
|Khulna||Fri 10:52 PM||586 km||364 miles||317 nm||NNW|
|Chandpur||Fri 10:52 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||NNW|
|Comilla||Fri 10:52 PM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||N|
|Kolkata||Fri 10:22 PM||625 km||389 miles||338 nm||NW|
|Howrah||Fri 10:22 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||NW|
|Mandalay||Fri 11:22 PM||630 km||391 miles||340 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.