Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 8:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 20:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.09 meters/second, 1541.1 km/hour, 957.6 miles/hour or 832.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||South||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.6"||957.37 mi||West||0° 06' 01.0"||6.90 mi||South||957.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 03.7"||757.38 mi||East||2° 46' 58.2"||191.35 mi||South||786.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khartoum||Fri 11:52 PM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||SSW|
|Kassala||Fri 11:52 PM||369 km||230 miles||199 nm||SE|
|Teseney||Fri 11:52 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||SE|
|Port Sudan||Fri 11:52 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||ENE|
|Kosti||Fri 11:52 PM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||SSW|
|Keren||Fri 11:52 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||ESE|
|Asmara||Fri 11:52 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||ESE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Fri 11:52 PM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||SW|
|Mendefera||Fri 11:52 PM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||ESE|
|Gondar||Fri 11:52 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.