Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.34 meters/second, 1542.0 km/hour, 958.2 miles/hour or 832.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.4"||957.92 mi||West||0° 06' 06.1"||6.99 mi||South||958.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 38.7"||757.34 mi||East||2° 48' 52.7"||193.54 mi||South||787.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 10:52 PM||51 km||32 miles||27 nm||NNW|
|Fada||Fri 10:52 PM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||E|
|Abéché||Fri 10:52 PM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||SSE|
|Moussoro||Fri 10:52 PM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||SW|
|Mongo||Fri 10:52 PM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||S|
|Ndjamena||Fri 10:52 PM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||SW|
|Kufra||Fri 10:52 PM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||NNE|
|Sarh||Fri 10:52 PM||927 km||576 miles||500 nm||S|
|Kano||Fri 10:52 PM||1301 km||809 miles||703 nm||WSW|
|Khartoum||Sat 12:52 AM||1436 km||892 miles||775 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.