Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.38 meters/second, 1542.2 km/hour, 958.3 miles/hour or 832.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.6"||958.01 mi||West||0° 06' 06.9"||7.01 mi||South||958.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 34.6"||757.33 mi||East||2° 49' 11.7"||193.90 mi||South||787.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 11:02 PM||249 km||155 miles||134 nm||ENE|
|Moussoro||Fri 11:02 PM||424 km||264 miles||229 nm||S|
|Fada||Fri 11:02 PM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||E|
|Abéché||Fri 11:02 PM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||SE|
|Mongo||Fri 11:02 PM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||SSE|
|Ndjamena||Fri 11:02 PM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||SSW|
|Zinder||Fri 11:02 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||WSW|
|Sarh||Fri 11:02 PM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||S|
|Garoua||Fri 11:02 PM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||SSW|
|Moundou||Fri 11:02 PM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.