Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 22:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 428.53 meters/second, 1542.7 kilometres/hour, 958.6 miles/hour or 833.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||South||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.2"||958.34 mi||West||0° 06' 10.0"||7.07 mi||South||958.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 19.5"||757.31 mi||East||2° 50' 20.0"||195.20 mi||South||787.42 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Agadez||Fri 11:38 PM||49 km||31 miles||27 nm||SSW|
|Arlit||Fri 11:38 PM||165 km||103 miles||89 nm||NNW|
|Zinder||Fri 11:38 PM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||SSE|
|Maradi||Fri 11:38 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||SSW|
|Sokoto||Fri 11:38 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||SSW|
|Kano||Fri 11:38 PM||601 km||373 miles||324 nm||S|
|Tamanrasset||Fri 11:38 PM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||NNW|
|Kaduna||Fri 11:38 PM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||S|
|Niamey||Fri 11:38 PM||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||WSW|
|Kandi||Fri 11:38 PM||890 km||553 miles||480 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.