Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 25, 2013 at 22:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 22:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.59 meters/second, 1542.9 km/hour, 958.7 miles/hour or 833.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.98 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||south||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.5"||958.54 mi||west||0° 06' 11.2"||7.09 mi||south||958.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 13.1"||757.35 mi||east||2° 50' 48.6"||195.76 mi||south||787.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Agadez||Fri 11:52 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||E|
|Sokoto||Fri 11:52 PM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||S|
|Niamey||Fri 11:52 PM||495 km||308 miles||267 nm||SSW|
|Maradi||Fri 11:52 PM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||SE|
|Zinder||Fri 11:52 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||SE|
|Kandi||Fri 11:52 PM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||SSW|
|Kano||Fri 11:52 PM||740 km||460 miles||400 nm||SE|
|Kaduna||Fri 11:52 PM||825 km||513 miles||446 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 10:52 PM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||SW|
|Mango||Fri 10:52 PM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.