Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 04:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 04:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.04 meters/second, 1548.2 km/hour, 962.0 miles/hour or 835.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.03 mi||west||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||south||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.3"||961.81 mi||west||0° 06' 40.0"||7.64 mi||south||962.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 47.2"||757.16 mi||east||3° 01' 30.3"||208.01 mi||south||790.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Montego Bay||Fri 11:38 PM||238 km||148 miles||129 nm||NE|
|May Pen||Fri 11:38 PM||255 km||159 miles||138 nm||ENE|
|Kingston||Fri 11:38 PM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||ENE|
|George Town (Cayman)||Fri 11:38 PM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||NW|
|Santiago de Cuba||Fri 11:38 PM||514 km||319 miles||278 nm||NE|
|Camagüey||Fri 11:38 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||NNE|
|Puerto Cabezas||Fri 10:38 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||SW|
|Holguín||Fri 11:38 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||NE|
|Santa Clara||Fri 11:38 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||N|
|Gonaïves||Fri 11:38 PM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.