Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 04:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 04:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.08 meters/second, 1548.3 km/hour, 962.1 miles/hour or 836.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.04 mi||west||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||south||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.4"||961.90 mi||west||0° 06' 40.8"||7.66 mi||south||962.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 43.1"||757.15 mi||east||3° 01' 48.4"||208.35 mi||south||790.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|George Town (Cayman)||Fri 11:48 PM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||N|
|Puerto Cabezas||Fri 10:48 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||SSW|
|Montego Bay||Fri 11:48 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||ENE|
|May Pen||Fri 11:48 PM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||ENE|
|Kingston||Fri 11:48 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||ENE|
|La Ceiba||Fri 10:48 PM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||W|
|Matagalpa||Fri 10:48 PM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||SW|
|Camagüey||Fri 11:48 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||NE|
|Santa Clara||Fri 11:48 PM||653 km||406 miles||352 nm||NNE|
|Pinar del Río||Fri 11:48 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.