Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.45 meters/second, 1553.2 km/hour, 965.1 miles/hour or 838.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 07.1"||0.13 mi||south||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.0"||964.97 mi||west||0° 07' 06.1"||8.14 mi||south||965.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 30.8"||757.04 mi||east||3° 11' 07.0"||219.01 mi||south||793.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Sat 12:02 AM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||NE|
|Wailuku||Sat 12:02 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Sat 12:02 AM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Sun 12:02 AM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 11:02 PM||2423 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Fri 10:02 PM||2713 km||1686 miles||1465 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:02 PM||3191 km||1983 miles||1723 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 10:02 PM||3528 km||2192 miles||1905 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 10:02 PM||3602 km||2238 miles||1945 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 12:02 AM||3659 km||2274 miles||1976 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.